Never change a successful formula – expand it! The 121×121 Fieracavalli Grand Prix returns with an extra year and rider.
The show jumping competition – following its debut in 2018 to celebrate 120 editions of Italy’s most important exhibition dedicated to the equestrian world – this year brings the great challenge back to the Verona Exhibition Centre with a total prize fund of 50,000 euros.
The 121st Fieracavalli will see 121 horses and riders take up the challenge in Bronze, Silver and Gold categories over the same prestigious competition field also hosting the top names in the Longines FEI Jumping World CupTM.
The format of the Grand Prix, organized in collaboration with FISE (Italian Federation of Equestrian Sports) and the Volkswagenbrand as main partner, offers 121 places for the grand finals in Verona.
Seventy-two are reserved for the winners of the qualifying circuit held from August to October, with eight stop-offs in Lombardy, Veneto, Emilia Romagna, Tuscany, Puglia and Sicily.
The other 49 places will be attributed using the wild card system. Moreover, thanks to the agreement between Fieracavalli, ANIE (National Association of Riding Instructors) and FISE, 9 of these invitations will be awarded 18-20 July during the Italian Instructor Championships at Le Siepi in Cervia.
Riders taking the podium in the Absolute 2nd Level Championships, 1st Level Criterium and 1st Level Trophy will therefore be entitled to take part in the 121×121 Fieracavalli Grand Prix, respectively in the Gold, Silver and Bronze categories.
Qualifying heats – 2019 circuit
▪ 23-25 August – Terra Jonica Horse Club (Taranto)
▪ 20-22 September 2019 – Scuderia Terra degli Ulivi (Bari)
▪ 20-22 September 2019 – Etrea Sport Horses (Varese)
▪ 20-22 September 2019 – Pietra dei Fiori Equestrian Centre (Trapani)
▪ 27-29 September – Al.Cle. ASD. Manerbio (Brescia)
▪ 18-20 October 2019 – Horses Riviera Resort (Rimini)
▪ 25-27 October – Arezzo Equestrian Centre (Arezzo)
▪ 31 October – 3 November – Master Fieracavalli (Verona)
Roll of Honour 120×120 Grand Prix Fieracavalli (winners in 2018)
▪ Gold – C135 – Chiara Papalini on Anker
▪ Silver – C125 – Francesco Correddu on Olympia di Val Litara
▪ Bronze – C115 – Giulia Pallotti on Fleur Deceuninck